Economics for Financial Advisors Overview
Understanding the mechanics and drivers of global economies and being able to develop and express a clear and well-thought-out opinion is an essential part of being a knowledgeable financial advisor.
Economics for Financial Advisors Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental drivers of consumer decision-making and how these decisions impact an economy
- Explain what GDP is and how changes to it are driven by static effects and shock that ultimately drive business cycles
- Identify the key stages of a business cycle and explain what key economic leading and lagging indicators would help predict or confirm what stage an economy is in
- Differentiate the role of fiscal versus monetary policy and what institution is responsible for each
- Interpret what impact interest rate fluctuations – up and down – have on inflation and the economy
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is for anyone interested in becoming a financial planning or wealth management professional. This course is designed as a primer that introduces all of the foundational economic concepts an Advisor needs to understand.