Careers in Commercial Banking course overview
This Careers in Commercial Banking course offers a comprehensive overview of the different roles and opportunities available in the commercial banking industry. You will learn about each role’s function and responsibilities, as well as what a typical day-in-the-life looks like for each position. Additionally, you will gain practical and nuanced knowledge, as this course helps you identify role-fits based on the experience, technical skills, and personality traits responsible for driving success in each position. Lastly, the course empowers you with the information you need to ensure that your career research is focused and will be a valuable resource when preparing for the commercial banking recruiting process.
After completing this course, you will have a better understanding of how a commercial bank is structured, as well as a real-world perspective of what the different roles in a commercial bank entail and the traits needed to succeed in each respective position.
Careers in Commercial Banking learning objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss what a commercial bank does and the various components of the business.
- Compare the different roles in a commercial bank and the differences in their work, lifestyle, and function.
- Identify important characteristics of each role and how they participate in the origination and underwriting process.
- Explain how the different roles work together to achieve revenue growth while mitigating the risk of default and loan loss.
- Identify potential career paths based on experience, technical skills, and personality types.
Careers in Commercial Banking is a free course in CFI’s CBCA® program
CFI’s Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)™ Program offers skills including credit evaluation, documentation, and review procedures. From beginners to advanced users, the CBCA™ program is designed to help you become a world-class credit analyst.
Who should take this CBCA® course?
This Careers in Commercial Banking course is designed for anyone interested in pursuing a career in banking. Whether you are about to start your first job search as a new graduate from an academic institution, or you are ready to transition careers paths after gaining professional experience in a different field, this course will help you develop a comprehensive understanding of the careers available to you and will serve as a valuable guide to anyone looking to learn more about the banking sector.