Developing ESG Policies Overview
ESG policies are a critical component of a company’s ESG efforts and overall performance. Why? Because they set the stage for their approach to addressing issues. We start this practice lab by differentiating between the interrelated concepts of process, protocol, and procedures before moving on to the benefits derived from effective policies.
We discuss overarching steps for policy development before diving into each step in greater detail. In the first step, we cover a variety of methods to determine which policies are needed at a company. Next, we move on to how to write policy content, which includes how the policy implementation will be monitored, otherwise known as policy governance. We cover use cases and benefits for making policies public and accessible. Then we’ll bring it all home in a case study where you will be asked to develop several policies for an example company.
Developing ESG Policies Objectives
- Explain key steps in developing ESG policies
- Determine what ESG policies are needed at a given company
- Write core policy content and determine policy governance
- Ensure ESG policies are circulated to the right stakeholders
- Provide insight into the tactical use cases in publishing ESG policies
Who Should Take This Practice Lab?
This lab is designed for management teams and operators, directors, business analysts, management consultants, and financial analysts of all stripes at both private and public companies.