R Fundamentals Course Overview
Start your hands-on data science journey by coding in R programming language. In this course, you’ll progress from coding with Base R to creating a full data science project with Tidyverse packages in RStudio.
You’ll begin this course by exploring the foundations of Base R to generate outputs, create variables, and conduct statistical analysis. We’ll then expand on the functionality of analysis by importing Tidyverse packages and structuring our project in RStudio IDE.
As we progress, you’ll learn to import, clean, transform, and visualize data for your project, following the data science process taught in our BIDA program.
R Fundamentals Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Write R code to generate outputs, create variables, and conduct statistical analysis
- Apply best practices to manage our coding workflow
- Structure data sets, scripts, and outputs to create a shareable project in RStudio
- Import and clean our data using Tidyverse packages (e.g., readr and tidyr)
- Transform and visualize our data using Tidyverse packages (e.g., dplyr and ggplot2)
Who Should Take This Course?
This R Fundamentals course is perfect for anyone who would like to build up their programming skills and use R or Python for data science to analyze data. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin or further their career in data analysis, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of business and finance.