Cryptocurrency intermediates: altcoins, stablecoins, CBDCs and NFTs overview
As the field of cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance continues to develop rapidly, this course looks to explain other critical digital assets in great detail with specific case studies and deep dives. We will explain not only how each of these assets looks to fulfill a specific need but also look at some of the shortcomings of each. Lastly, we will also examine what risks or red flags to look for when it comes to investing in these assets.
After taking this course, you will feel confident in knowing the differences between these digital assets, their pros, and cons, as well as how they fit within the DeFi space.
Cryptocurrency intermediates: altcoins, stablecoins, CBDCs and NFTs objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of digital assets and their usage.
- Understand what altcoins are and how to analyze them fundamentally.
- Describe what stablecoins are and what purpose they serve.
- Examine what Central Bank Digital Coins are and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Define what Non-Fungible Tokens are and their role in DeFi.
- Spot what types of crypto scams to watch out for.
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at learners who want to explore cryptocurrencies beyond the foundation of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Recommended prep courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin Explained
- Understanding Ethereum