Business Model Canvas Examples
The business model canvas is a tool used by business owners and managers to plan their strategy and business model. This tool can be used to plan any sort of business, from niche to mass markets. In this article, we have prepared some business model canvas examples using our template.
Corporate Finance Institute® offers a Corporate and Business Strategy Course that can teach you more tools to use to plan your business!
Download the Free Template
Enter your name and email in the form below and download the free template now!
There are nine main building blocks in the business model canvas template:
- Key Partners: The strategic relationships your business creates between other companies or people.
- Key Activities: Activities or tasks that are integral to operating your company.
- Key Resources: Assets that are required to operate and deliver your company’s value proposition.
- Value Propositions: The fundamental need that your company is trying to fulfill for its customers. Why your company exists.
- Customer Relationships: The type of interactions your company has with its customers and the level of support it gives.
- Channels: Different methods that your company uses to deliver its products and value proposition to customers.
- Customer Segments: The different groups of customers that your company interacts with.
- Cost Structure: How a company spends money on operations. The key costs and level of cost-focus for your company.
- Revenue Streams: Your company’s sources of cash flows.
The following are some business model canvas examples for different businesses and industries:
#1 Automobile Company Example
The first of these business model canvas examples is for an automobile company. The company that is portrayed in this example is a company with a focus on safety, reliability, style, and mass appeal. For example, a company like Honda or Toyota would fit the description of this business.
#2 Amazon Example
The second of these business model canvas examples is for an e-commerce company. This business model canvas example will be a simple look at Amazon, one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world.
CFI’s Advanced Financial Modeling & Valuation Course takes a deep look at Amazon’s strategy, business model, and financials. Check it out if you want to learn how to apply advanced valuation techniques to one of the largest and most complicated companies in the world!
Proper financial management is the backbone of any business. Corporate Finance Institute has resources that will help you expand your knowledge, advance your career, and manage the financials of your company! Check out the links below, including our business model canvas template that explains this tool even further: