Modeling Taxes for Different Business Structures Overview
In this guided Practice Lab, we will use personal and corporate tax information to create a basic income tax model and understand how forms of business structure give rise to different taxes. We will enhance your productivity by practicing several different keyboard shortcuts and format models using best practices, working with Excel tables, and gaining comfort around analysis calculations.
By the end of this lab, you will understand how to set up tables in Excel and perform modeling with data using tools such as MATCH, INDEX, XLOOKUP, and Goal Seek.
Modeling Taxes for Different Business Structures Learning Objectives
- Analyze different models to use and their tax implications.
- Practice various keyboard shortcuts to work through Excel efficiently.
- Develop foundational modeling skills using Excel Tables and Structured references.
- Interpret key financial data to inform business decisions.
- Estimate taxes at two levels of government and under progressive and flat tax regimes.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Modeling Taxes for Different Business Structures Practice Lab is perfect for any aspiring or early-stage credit professionals, including business and commercial bankers, credit analysts, real estate lenders, equipment finance, loan & mortgage brokers, and other private (non-bank) lenders.