Hedge Fund Fundamentals Course Overview
This course covers a comprehensive overview of hedge funds. You will learn the common characteristics of hedge funds, how they are structured, and the mechanics of management and performance fees. You will also learn to measure performance using metrics such as the Sharpe and information ratios. Lastly, the course provides insight into several hedge fund strategies: directional, arbitrage, or global macro. After completing this course, you will better understand the hedge fund universe and its role in the financial markets.
Hedge Fund Fundamentals Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define the characteristics associated with a typical hedge fund
- Describe the structure of a hedge fund, the services it requires, and the investors it attracts
- Calculate management and performance fees based on high-water mark and hurdle clauses
- Assess hedge fund performance using key metrics such as the Sharpe and information ratios
- Understand the short-selling process and long/short equity strategies
- Identify fixed income arbitrage and event-driven strategy opportunities
Who should take this course?
This introductory hedge fund course is perfect for anyone interested in learning a comprehensive overview of hedge funds. These types of funds are becoming increasingly popular, so it’s essential to understand the role these institutions play in the financial markets. Anyone interested in a career in the capital markets should ensure they understand how hedge funds operate, how they are structured, and how they impact the markets.