Applied Fixed Income Course Overview
This Applied Fixed Income course builds on the fixed income fundamentals and delves deeper into government & agency-issued debt, zeroes, floaters & linkers, and callables & putables. It provides knowledge on how they are priced with industry-relevant examples of each type of debt. You will work through practice examples of certain types of debt and learn how to identify critical information on Refinitiv Workspace. By the end of this course, you will have an enhanced understanding of fixed-income products, which will prepare you for learning advanced fixed-income courses.
We will explore the following:
- Government, GSE, and SSA Debt
- Zeroes, Floaters, and Linkers
- Callables and Putables
Applied Fixed Income Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the different types of fixed-income products, their issuers, and investors
- Understand in-depth their pricing, duration, and convexity
- Understand how to calculate bond yields from Bloomberg
Who should take this course?
This Applied Fixed Income course is perfect for anyone who wants to build up their understanding of fixed-income products. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in the capital markets on the fixed income desk.