Comparable Valuation Analysis Course Overview
Understanding valuation is one of the most fundamental and crucial skills to master as a finance professional. This course focuses on comparable valuation analysis, one of the most widely used valuation techniques. During this course, we cover how to screen for publicly traded comparable companies and precedent transactions. We will also discuss different types of multiples and nuances when entering actual, real-world company data. After completing this course, you will understand how to value a company using multiples, and the advantages and disadvantages of comparable company analysis.
Comparable Valuation Analysis Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand relative valuation versus other valuation methodologies.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of relative valuation.
- Determine how to pick comparable companies and precedent transactions.
- Match enterprise value and equity value with appropriate metrics.
- Identify debt and debt equivalents as well as cash and other non-operating assets.
- Find and enter the applicable data using real-world examples
Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
- Building a 3-Statement Financial Model
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- FP&A Monthly Cash Flow Forecast Model
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is most suitable for anyone working in valuation, including investment banking, equity research, private equity, and corporate development.