Power Query Fundamentals Overview
“Stop wasting your time manipulating data”
If you’ve ever worked with data extracts or regular reports in Excel, you’ll know how time-consuming it is to change the layout, extract information, and lookup values from other tables. Not only that, but you repeat these tasks every week or month, each time you receive a new report.
Stop. Power Query is about to revolutionize your work.
In this online Power Query Fundamentals course, we’ll explore the world of data transformation and automation. You’ll learn to extract data from multiple sources and transform it into layouts more suited to analysis. We will show you how to automate data connections and transformations and extract and consolidate data from multiple files. Finally, we’ll look at how to deal with common errors.
Power Query is essential for any Excel-focused analyst and is a powerful asset to any Business Intelligence analyst. These skills will help you spend less time on data manipulation and more on your analysis projects.
Power Query Fundamentals Learning Objectives
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of good and bad data using the principles of data normalization.
- Extract data from CSV and Excel files and automate basic transformations such as Pivot and Unpivot.
- Extract information from fields that combine two or more values.
- Transform datasets by grouping or combining data from different tables or even multiple files from the same folder.
- Avoid, interpret and fix errors and exceptions that you experience in Power Query.
- Load transformed data into Excel for use as automated data feeds.
Who should take this course?
This Power Query course is perfect for anyone who wants to build up their understanding of Business Intelligence. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in data analysis, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of finance with the fundamental knowledge of Power Query.