Commodities Fundamentals Overview
This course provides an in-depth overview of commodities trading in capital markets. We will introduce the key features of commodities and go over the major commodity categories with their key drivers. Then we will explore how commodities are traded in the derivatives markets using futures and options. We will demonstrate common commodity trading strategies such as hedging, cash and carry arbitrage trading, and monthly rollover. Finally, we will discuss commodity spread trading strategies such as intramarket spreads, intermarket spreads, and strips.
Commodities Fundamentals Learning Objectives
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define commodities and their key features
- Identify the major commodity categories
- Discuss the drivers of the commodities in different categories
- Undertake commodity trading strategies using futures and options
- Explain commodity spreads and common spread trading strategies
Who should take this course?
This introductory commodities course is perfect for students interested in commodities derivatives and trading strategies. This course provides a comprehensive overview of commodities. It is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in investment banking, sales, trading, treasury, or other areas of finance that require an understanding of commodities.