Operational Modeling Course Overview
Financial models play a critical role in supporting business decisions. Learning to model the right way using a proven framework will help you become a more effective financial analyst. Join us as we build out several fundamental schedules, which will serve as a solid foundation for more complex analysis throughout the FMVA and your career.
Operational Modeling Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will:
- Explore a framework and guidelines for effective financial modeling.
- Analyze a company’s operations and organize a financial model into several schedules.
- Approach each schedule with a consistent workflow.
- Calculate key outputs within the model schedules.
- Finalize and review the financial model using best practices and automation, ensuring integrity.
- Create and maintain a library of schedules.
What’s included in the operational modeling course?
The Operational Modeling course includes all of the following:
- Operational Modeling Template, comprising of the following schedules:
- Revenue Schedule
- Cost Schedule
- Income Statement
- Working Capital Schedule
- Depreciation Schedule
- Asset Schedule
- Income Tax Schedule
- Discussions on financial modeling best practices, a framework for effective modeling, model review, and building out your own library schedule.
- 4+ hours of detailed video instruction.
- Certificate of completion.
Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Reading Financial Statements
- Excel Crash Course
Who should take this course?
This Operational Modeling course is perfect for investment professionals, management consultants, financial analysts of all experience levels, investor relations teams, and senior managers at private and public companies.
Financial Analyst Certification
Operational Modeling is a core course for CFI’s financial analyst training program, which grants the Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA)