Power BI Fundamentals Course OverviewPower BI is the most widely adopted business intelligence tool, offering powerful functionality to import, transform, analyze, and visualize data.
In this course, you will learn the fundamental skills in Power BI that will allow you to create meaningful and visual stories with your data. We will start with the core functionality and slowly build upon it as we create a two-page Power BI report that analyzes the sales, costs, and targets for a retail business. All areas of Power BI will be covered: importing and transforming data in the Power Query Editor, analyzing data with DAX, visualizing data and adding interactivity with user experience elements, and sharing reports in the Power BI Service.
Power BI Fundamentals Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Import multiple sources of data into Power BI with the Power Query Editor
- Create a report data model using queries as the model tables
- Analyze the data model using DAX measures and calculated columns
- Build a Power BI report containing a variety of different visuals
- Add user experience elements to make a Power BI report easier and more intuitive to interact with
- Explore the Power BI Service—use Power BI online to share reports and interact with different Power BI elements
Who Should Take This Course?This Power BI course is perfect for anyone who would like to build up their understanding about Business Intelligence. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to supercharge their career in data analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of finance with the fundamental knowledge of Power BI.