Launch Schedule Updates
October 30, 2020, 08:00 PST: We intend to launch the CBCA® Final Exam at 23:59 PST on February 1, 2021. We’ll update this page with any further updates when available.
CBCA® Final Exam
In response to the rapidly growing demand from employers for Certified Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)® holders, we are delighted to share two important program announcements:
1. Launch of the CBCA® Final Exam
On February 1, 2021, Corporate Finance Institute® will be introducing a CBCA® final exam that will:
- Increase the value and credibility of the certification worldwide
- Protect the integrity of our program and those who work hard to complete it
- Help students assess their knowledge and identify opportunities for improvement
2. New Program Requirements
Also, starting on February 1, 2020, students will be required to complete a minimum of three elective courses to earn their CBCA® program certification.
Earning CBCA® certification is a defining moment for many finance professionals and demonstrates advanced knowledge and real-world analytical skills. In an increasingly competitive world, employers look for qualified professionals who have the credentials and can demonstrate their expertise and confidence to get the job done well.
The CBCA® final exam and three elective courses will be mandatory requirements for new students to earn their CBCA® certification. They will also be available and optional to all existing CBCA® certification holders and students who have completed their studies by February 1, 2020.
Please review the exam details and common FAQs below and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Our student support team is here to assist you!
- Exam structure: 60 multiple-choice questions drawn from a randomized question bank. These questions include the required completion of a credit-related case study.
- Exam location: The exam is online and does not need to be scheduled.
- Exam length: 3 hours.
- Exam content: The exam covers the content from the prep courses and core courses. Content from elective courses will not be covered.
- Exam results availability: Students will receive their results immediately after completing the exam.
- Passing score: 70%.
- Eligibility: The exam can be accessed upon completion of 15 core courses and 3 or more electives.
- Number of attempts: One attempt.
- Retaking the exam: Students who do not pass the exam may re-enroll in the CBCA® program for a $50 fee and will have to wait for one month until they can attempt the final exam again. Each additional exam attempt follows the same process.
- How to prepare: Review the course videos, materials, exercises, and case studies. Take the CBCA® practice exam.
- Practice exams: Students may take an unlimited number of practice exams before challenging the official exam.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I am already CBCA® certified. How will this affect me? Anyone who completes their CBCA® certification by February 1, 2021, will not be impacted by this change.
Will CFI have final exams for other certification programs? Yes, In addition to the FMVA and CBCA, eventually, the CMSA and BIDA will have final exams.
What if I register for the CBCA® before February 1, 2021? If you register for the CBCA® program prior to February 1, 2021, but have not completed all the requirements by February 1, 2021, you will have to take the new final exam to earn your designation.
Why do you charge a $50 re-write fee? First, to create a meaningful benefit to take the courses, study the material, and pass on the first attempt. Second, to cover the cost of continually creating new exam questions and keeping the randomized question bank up to date.
Why do I have to wait one month before attempting the exam again? To ensure students take enough time to review, study, and prepare for their next exam attempt.
Why are you limiting the number of attempts for the CBCA® exam? Due to the rapidly growing demand for CBCA® certification holders, we need to maintain a high standard and credibility of the certification worldwide. We also need to protect the integrity of our program and those who work hard to complete it. By doing so, students will be able to assess their knowledge and identify opportunities for improvement.
What if I can’t afford the re-write fee? We have a generous financial aid program that, in some cases, will entirely waive re-write fees. Please submit a financial aid application if you are unable to make the re-write payment.
How difficult will the CBCA® final exam be? The CBCA® final exam includes basic knowledge questions, financial ratio calculations, and the completion of a credit-related case study. The exam will cover content that spans the core elements of the CBCA® program, and the difficulty level will be similar to the qualified exams at the end of each course.
With over 700,000 students in 195 countries, we are proud to have helped so many people become world-class financial analysts. We believe these important changes to our CBCA® program will significantly increase the value of the certification for all its holders.
Please review the exam details and common student FAQs or email our Student Support team at [email protected] if you need any assistance!