Securitized Products Course Overview
In Securitized Products, we will cover the basics of the securitization process, including its role in the world of finance, the structure of securitized products, and the risks associated with it. We will learn mortgage basics: borrower and
loan classifications, features of mortgage products, and the way loans are being pooled into mortgage-backed securities (MBSs).
Securitized Products Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will:
- Acquire theoretical knowledge about the securitization process and products
- Get practical experience calculating prepayment speeds and valuing MBS
- Comprehend the role of the US GSEs in the mortgage market
- Be well-versed in the basics of individual mortgage loans and their classification
- Learn how market participants get relative value, how they trade, and how they hedge MBS securities
Who should take this course?
This course is perfect for somebody interested in learning about one of the most critical financial practices that allow achieving liquidity in the market and for somebody who considers securitization finance or any capital markets-related position the desired career path. As this course covers topics from beginner to advanced level, current students and anyone in the early stage of their career and industry professionals seeking to transition to a new industry will gain valuable knowledge from this course.