What is the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)?
The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) is a non-profit group working to foster a positive regulative environment for its members. In addition, NAIFA offers professional educational services to ensure that members are up-to-date with the information needed to continue their respective practices. Above all, the association exists to ensure professional and ethical conduct among all insurance representatives and financial advisors.
NAIFA was founded in 1890, originally named the National Association of Life Underwriters. In the years since its founding, the association’s gone on to educate insurance agents, groups, and financial advisors and to help ensure that all adhere to a framework of principles, rules, and regulations that ensure customers are given the very best services.
- NAIFA is a non-profit organization that works to create an ethical regulatory environment for all members.
- NAIFA members are devoted to helping their customers get the best services possible.
- The goal for all NAIFA members is to ensure their customers are financially stable.
The Core of the NAIFA
At the core of NAIFA, the belief is that life insurance – as well as other risk-mitigating services – are the foundation of a firm financial plan for any individual. The Falls Church, VA chapter of NAIFA operates in Capitol Hill, advocating for legislative and regulatory changes to ensure that individuals can continue to receive these services in an ethical and professional environment.
According to NAIFA’s Code of Ethics, all members must agree to – among others – the following obligations:
- Maintain client confidentiality and protect their privacy
- Act in the best interest of all clients
- Present clients with all essential information regarding their finances, ensuring that the information is accurate
- Continuously seek enhancement and development of skills by furthering knowledge through education
- Be cooperative with others that offer services that best serve the interests of clients
- Protect all clients’ financial interests, products, and the provider’s profession by advocating politically
NAIFA members are diverse and spread across all 50 states, but all adhere to the core principles of protecting clients and their financial security.
We hope you have enjoyed reading CFI’s explanation of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. CFI is the official provider of the global Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)™ certification program, designed to help anyone become a world-class financial analyst.
To keep advancing your career, the additional resources below will be useful: