Is the FMVA® Certification Worth It?
Based on the thousands of reviews and feedback from our students, the consensus is that the FMVA certification is definitely worth it. The vast majority of students comment that they saw significant improvement in the technical skills in Excel, finance, accounting, strategy, and presentation making, which are all extremely practical job-based skills. Most of this feedback comes from professionals working (or going into) equity research, corporate development, investment banking, financial planning and analysis (FP&A), and similar jobs. Given the low price point of the designation, most students find the FMVA worth it!
The Value of Skill Development
For a certification to be worth it, it has to give you valuable, real-work skills that will help you advance your career. The FMVA program is so job-focused that it provides exceptional quality when it comes to:
- Building financial models in Excel
- Organizing and manipulating data
- Valuing a business
- Create executive-style presentations
- Preparing industry analysis
- Understanding and managing the budgeting and forecasting process
- Performing strategic analysis