What is Modano?
Modano, headquartered in Australia, is a software company that provides content management solutions for financial modeling. Modano has produced a platform that can be used to build financial models in a modular way, which can significantly enhance your Excel modeling capabilities.
What does the software allow you to do?
The Modano financial modeling software allows users to primarily do three things:
- Standardization – by taking sections that have been pre-built and inserting them into the model
- Review – by using tools to ensure formulas are working properly and the model is error-free
- Automation – facilitates the re-use of parts of models and automates certain tasks
Modano product offering
Modano offers three main product lines for its customers. These product lines include:
- Enterprise – their premium product for large corporations
- Community – a free product
- Implementation – a consulting-like service to help set up custom models
More on financial modeling
Financial modeling in Excel is really a means, not an end. It’s a means to intimately understand how a business works, which the true “end”.
While Modano is designed to decrease the time and risks associated with building financial models, the software still requires that you have a sound understanding of key financial modeling concepts. So don’t think you won’t still need to learn how to build financial models from scratch! Still, programs such as the financial modeling software from Modano can make the task of creating financial models much easier. They can also help you create more informative models that present data more clearly.
The mission at CFI is to help you advance your career. With the objective firmly in place, we have designed a vast library of free resources, guides, templates, and more to help you along the journey.
We highly recommend these additional free resources to help you advance your career as quickly as possible: